Brad,

It's a face-off between a restaurant critic and 600,000 Italians who each day eat McDonald's food. You work it out, Brad. One restaurant critic, who no doubt spends most of his time in the best restaurants and 600,000 Italians who probably couldn't afford to enter those restaurants where the critic spends his time.

They find McDonald's good value. That's why they go there. We have a McDonald's in Tujunga as of this month, which means perhaps we have entered civilization.

I doubt I shall ever go there, but who knows? I think I was in a McDonald's once in another city somewhere but it's vague, so I can't pass judgement on their food.

Consumer Reports did some years ago. As I recall they said that McDonald's meat was very good, but you didn't get much of it.

While an intellectual may take the side of the critic, the people who matter buy McDonald's by the billion. Definitely, mutually beneficial intercourse.

Isn't it?

Brad wrote:

McDonalds in Italy is suing a food critic for
saying McDonalds food doesn't taste good.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=2853384&src=eDialog/GetContent

Is this faceoff between the corporate hoard and one
little mouse an example of what Harry
talks about when he says that the free market is
a place where persons always and only engage in mutually
beneficial intercourse?

All "persons" are created equal? --Whether it is
a naked food critic or McGlobalCorp?

    Humpety Dumpety sat on a wall
    Humpety Dumpety had a great fall
    All the kings lawyers and all the king's spin doctors
    Proved that Humpety Dumpety never fell off at all.

The "intelligence community" seems a bit displeased
today with how Bush et Cie. jerked them around
to make the case for attacking Saddam Hussein just
because we wanted to but needed a reason to give to the
public....

\brad mccormick

Harry Pollard
Henry George School of Social Science of Los Angeles
Box 655   Tujunga   CA   91042
Tel: (818) 352-4141  --  Fax: (818) 353-2242
http://home.attbi.com/~haledward