Harry Pollard wrote:

[snip]

My fear at the moment is that the settlements may be destroyed in the Israeli withdrawal. They should be placed in the hands of Palestinians by the new Government.

[snip]

Each domicilage slot in every transferred settlement
should be transferred title
into the "private" ownership of a particular
Palestinean family.  As we know from Garrett Hardin's
_The Tragedy of the Commons_, that way the persons who
uncommonly benefitted from the edifices would make
very sure no harm came to them.

Why not give settlement domicilage "slots" to the
Palestineans who claim Israel stole their homes?
It's not what they *want*, but, as we all know,
you can't always get what you want, but if you
try real hard, you just might find, you can get what
you need (--lyrics from a Rolling Stones song)?

I think one reason Bush's plan might work is that
eveybody knows Bush is a "loose cannon on the deck",
and, if you "mess with" him, he might throw
a WMD temper tantrum (or at least pepper you with
depleted uranium).

\brad mcccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]