Bill,

At 09:55 28/05/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Keith,
As some one who is pro-Palestinian with a Jewish daughter-in-law and a Jewish granddaughter, I strongly argue for a separation of Judaism and Israel since very few in Israel are actively Jewish.

Well . . . here you have the advantage over me. I have little idea of religious attendance of Israelis though I get the impression that those Israelis who have settled in the West Bank will discover their Jewishness very quickly when and if their homes are under threat as a consequence of the Roadmap..

You wrote:
        I don't see America's long-term partiality to Jewry changing much in the         coming years.

Right wing Christians argue for Israel at the same time that they tend to be anti-Jewish. Strong Israeli supporters accuse those who have any feelings for Palestinians as being anti-Jewish. Both positions tend to harm Judaism.

A close relative of mine and a friend have visited Israel in recent years and they've both come back with strong views about the injustice done to Palestinians.

Keith Hudson
Keith Hudson, 6 Upper Camden Place, Bath, England