Stephen,

I don't know about you all, but I find it impossible - just
impossible - to keep up with the hundreds of FW posts that
accumulate over a few days, particularly if I am to pay any
attention and take seriously the stuff that FW-ers are
asking me to think about.

Arthur, would it be reasonable to set a limit on how many
posts a subscriber can send in a given 24-hour period - like
3? (I think a filter can be set up on the server.)

what do you all think?

arthur,

Sometimes people just have to respond, and respond again when the urge is
there.  Just as in any conversation if you wait too long to give voice to
your thoughts....well the urge passes and something else grabs your
attention.  The worst case is that people worry that they are posting too
often and soon the conversation becomes too polite and dries up.  So let's
let the good times roll. If you find yourself flooded with emails, just
store them for a quiet day or delete them.

I believe you can receive the emails in digest form so they all come
contained in one email that you can pick and choose from.

I will check on this option.

arthur