From: Harry Pollard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 4:58 PM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Futurework] Exit ramp for Europe (collateral damage on Tar
C reek)

Arthur and Karen,

I doubt you would object to my so increasing my skills and work habits that
I make $50 million. How can I be faulted for supplying the community with
$50 million worth of goods and/or services?

Whether I could - or should - do something else such as lying on the beach
is really none of your business.

So, is it "greed" - a thoroughly subjective judgement - or something
thoroughly commendable?

Arthur wrote:

>It's not the voices of enlightened self interest that will do it, rather
>it is the selfish enlightened self interest that occurs when the
>overstuffed sloth realizes that the future may not resemble the
>past.  Greed can follow many paths--in this case long term greed
>maximization might push for a solid middle class (and leave this
>overstuffed sloth to choke on his riches and not be choked by a
>disgruntled untermensch)
>arthur
>[Cordell, Arthur: ECOM]

Harry Pollard
Henry George School of Social Science of Los Angeles
Box 655   Tujunga   CA   91042
Tel: (818) 352-4141  --  Fax: (818) 353-2242
http://home.attbi.com/~haledward