From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 6:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Futurework] Lovely low level radiation? (was: Roadmap will fail)

Harry,

I agree that there are not a lot of proofs but I don't consider myself a babe in the woods.  teach a graduate course in health research and evaluation and a couple on international health and feel that there are tremendous pressures on expert committees to go with the flow. Here is another interesting link which raises some good questions but doesn't necessarily answer them:

The truth is that there simply is not an easy way to track a large population of people who have consumed large amounts of irradiated foods over a period of time long enough to ensure confidence.

The most important issue, which most methods courses gloss over, is that the use of a p value of .05 is a political decision and is done to favor the outcome of no significant link. I have a 2 year old granddaughter and for me WHO pronouncements are not good enough.

Bill