Ysterday, in a History Channel program about icebreakers
(the ships that can "cut thru the stuff"...), they said that
Israel some years ago purchased a no longer state of the art,
but nonetheless heavy-duty *ice breaker* from the U.S. Navy.
What in heaven or purgatory or hell does Israel need
with an *ice breaker*?  But I suspect they *do* have
some very "good" use for its 2-inch thick steel hull with
all those closely spaced reinforcing beams all down the
hull and super-powerful engines....

Today's news is that the Israelis succeeded in blowing
up a Hamas leader who was travelling in a residential
neighborhood in a donkey cart.

Doesn't anybody think there is something "asymmetrical"
about using F-16s to launch missiles to blow up Hamas
leaders being driven in their Mercedes-Benzes?

I doubt I'd like most "Palestineans" (although I did once
meet a self-avowed Muslim Syrian employee of the U.N. who
genuinely surprised me as being an apparently
humanistic individual...).  But if the Israelis
were "anybody else", would we all see them
as such exemplary paragon
citizens of the shining city on a hill?

I can only conclude that I misread the story of
King Solomon's judgment about the two women and the
baby.  But then I only claim to know secular hermeneutics....

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]