Greetings, Brad,

I've suggested before that a good way to test one's stereotypes is to take
an active step to meet people. The odds are that you live fairly close to
Muslims and Arabs, including Palestinians. You could easily enough pick up
the phone for an Arab or Muslim organization, say you are interested and ask
to meet them.

Substitute for the word Palestinian in your statement some other -- like
Jew, Christian, Argentinean, Hindu, or whatever -- and you will readily see
how stereotyped and unfortunate your comment is....

I do hope you do this; I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise. And I
would be most interested in hearing back from you on how it went.

Best regards,
Lawry