On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Seems that many of the 9/11 terrorists came from relatively well off
>homes, Were not poor at all.  Yet they still turned against the
>infidels/modernity.

If I were a typical resident in one of the arab countries, I would
probably be most concerned with getting by, and spend my days and
attention on that task. However, if I were one of the fortunate
few to have affluence and free time by accident of birth, I would
be particularly aware of the comparative poverty of my countrymen,
and might be driven by the guilt of my unearned position of comfort.
So, I would be greatly surprised if the result were otherwise.
Revolutionary thought has always been somewhat of a luxury,
everywhere. I can't think of a single revolutionary leader who
had a dirt poor background.

     -Pete Vincent