Karen,

Thanks for your exploratory work on Plaxo. I avoided it originally and I guess most FWers did, too, but it's reassuring and interesting to have more in-depth appreciation of the beast.

I appears that my forecast about Blair is wrong. According to the news this morning, he is intent on retaining power. I was wrong the other day in reporting that 50% of his Labour Party MPs want him to resign -- this 50% refers to a people poll. Apparently, there is going to be quite a crop of polls in today's Sunday papers -- showing mounting opposition to the Iraq war and our continued share of the occupation.

Tonight there'll be a Channel 4 'faction' TV film called "The Deal" concerning the arrangement that Blair and Brown were supposed to have made six years ago -- that Blair would hand over to Brown after his first term, or perhaps when it was timely to do so. (By hanging onto power now, Blair stands a good chance of splitting the Labour Party over the next year or so as it becomes increasingly apparent that he might lose the next election. Brown is playing a very cool game. Apart from giving his formal 'consent' to the Iraq invasion, Brown has remained totally detached from all the controversies and will not feature in the Lord Hutton's report when it's published in November.) Anyway, The Deal has been previewed very highly by the FT and other quality newspapers and will be watched by all the intelligentsia. It will only add to Blair's vulnerability. The fact that it is being broadcast on the eve of the Labour Party Conference is pure coincidence, it seems. Apparently the script writer spent a long time on the project and consulted a lot of sources to get his information as accurate as possible.

(The latest poll just announced on the radio is that 40% of Labour Party members -- that is, the activists --want Blair to resign. This percentage can only grow while problems in Iraq increase.)

Keith Hudson, Bath, England, <www.evolutionary-economics.org>, <www.handlo.com>, <www.property-portraits.co.uk>