In my work we don't just pile artifaces on the child but work to find the core of the child both genetically and in the culture.    There are people who are so psychologically insecure in their sexuality that conversion is a possibility but in America we have elected not to censor such things.   We could start with the unsophisticated and provencial and choose to protect them but who would the the rule?   Usually I appreciate your arguments but I find this one strangely specious.

REH
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 7:53 AM
Subject: RE: [Futurework] Gay at birth?

Keith,

. My complaint about male homosexualtiy is not so much that it exists but that because it has reached such a large and substantial proportion of the population it becomes rationalised as "natural" when, in fact, because an adolescent ambivalent boy is sucked into such a largish sub-culture he becomes increasingly trapped (as Harry mentioned yesterday). The result of all this is that, today, (compared with the previous examples) the boy never grows up to have hetrosexual experience nor the jopys of long-term hetero relationships.

Arthur

I agree with this.  This would apply to all sorts of things that kids feel or see about them but don't see as "normal."  Once they are seen as "natural" then they say "why not try it out..."   This could apply to car theft, heroin or whatever.