Ed and Keith,

Whether your are miffed or unmiffed, your dialogues are delightful (even when you are both wrong).

In your discussion of the lowly potato, you are both somewhat condescending and dismissive. Yet, Ed, the only way your next generation could be doctors, lawyer, and the rest, is because potato growing was doing well.

Should Keith's forebodings about the oil crash come to fruition, who will be of greatest importance - potato growers or experts in human genetics? Even without the crash, who is more important - potato growers or those who can discuss the frontal lobes?

First potatoes, then Madonna (oops! I've already been in trouble with Ray about that). First potatoes, then we'll be able to check out our unmyelinated neurons (whatever they are). I suppose dirty hands come before clean minds.

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
Tel: 818 352-4141  --  Fax: 818 353-2242
http://haledward.home.comcast.net