Title: Re: [Futurework] http://www.glaesernemanufaktur.de/
Thomas:

I like this idea!

How to fix up education has often been discussed on this list.  If I were to fix it up at the grade-school level, I would put less emphasis on mathematics and the sciences and more on disciplines that get maturing individuals to think about themselves and their society.  And I would not stop there.  I would set up special classes that adults could attend to learn about, and discuss, bills that are moving through legislatures, or other matters that could have a significant impact on society.  My hope would be that, through education, we could reduce the crap, the waste and the inhumanity that now characterizes society and indeed ourselves.