Ray:

> Perhaps you know little about the Aztecs.   They loved their children.   Had
> no crime rate and had the first public schools in the world.   They were
> fierce to their enemies and proud of their nation.    Their cities were the
> most beautiful in the world according to Cortez and his men and they were
> the world's greatest farmers.    They were great singers and poets.  Etc.

Ah, but God was not on their side!  as told in Patricia de Fuentes, ed. and trans., The Conquistadors. First Person Accounts of the Conquest of Mexico, 159.

"… Cortés … After occupying Tenochtitlán (Mexico City) … he and his troops had to fight their way out of the city to sanctuary …. Years later … a former follower of Cortés who had become a Dominician friar, recalled the terrible retreat …. "When the Christians were exhausted from war, God saw fit to send the Indians smallpox, and there was a great pestilence in the city. . . ."

Ed