P.S.

I've read much of the Castillo manuscript and it is often quoted in the
official explanations for the demise of the Aztecs but I do not own a copy
of it.  The books I listed are in my personal library.   I do have several
manuscripts from the Spanish incursions.   They are all more than
self-serving.  They served the purpose of justifying the costs for the
people that financed them.  So they are the same as business hyperbole
everywhere.   Look to the actions and the archeology.

As for the Aztecs as nice people?   I'm sure they were as provencial,
boorish and brutish as all adolescent arrogant peoples are.   I know of the
anger that the surrounding peoples had for the upstarts who moved in and
took over the top of the heap.    Think of the attitude of the Palestinians
today.    They even kidnapped the local God's and held them in Tenochtitlan.
They were fundamentalists and are as brutish as literal fundamentalists
everywhere.    Again, if someone threw the Jews out of Israel with the help
of the Arabs, what would the official histories say about the Israelis and
especially the super orthodox?    So if the God's sacrificed themselves then
how could the people be less?    Especially if they were the next "morning
star"?     Just like the Christians who say that every knee will eventually
bow to Jesus (behind the might of GWB) or Osama's Jihad or the movement of
Buddhists out of India into China Etc.   All Blue Hummingbirds followed by
Tlaloc.    So much is lost in the Propaganda on both sides with interminable
bragging by priggish aristocrats also on both sides.  Cortes was a wanderer.
If he had such a wonderful following they would have kept him at court
instead of sending him out to find his fortune.   Official stories are never
to be trusted.   We all can come up with fancy pedigrees if we look hard
enough.   I married into Scottish royalty.  So?

The upstart Aztecs were busy tearing up history and rewriting it.   But in
spite of everything, they did do the things that I said because it is so
well documented.  The Romans weren't such nice people either and if Hitler
had succeeded history would have written differently about him because he
won.   So trust the truth, look at the actions and be very skeptical.   Look
everywhere and then realize that tomorrow may show it all to be fraud and
hyperbole.   That's Art.

Ray