On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 05:26:30PM +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> >Yes.  I'm now looking at the issues brought up by requiring sed,
> >perl and tbl for building the docs.
>
> So, is everything ready for release?

And is it really helpful to have tables in the man page?  What's
the benefit of

            +--------------------------+----------------------------+
            |  Formatting Directive    | Description                |
            +--------------------------+----------------------------+
            |%l, %c & %r               | Insert the next item       |
            |                          | label.  Up to three labels |
            |                          | can be used.  The item     |
            |                          | column is left-aligned     |
            |                          | (%l), centered (%c) or     |
            |                          | right-aligned (%r).        |
            +--------------------------+----------------------------+
            |%i                        | Inserts the mini icon.     |

over

        %l, %c, %r
            Insert the next item label.  Up to three labels can be
            used.  The item column is left-aligned (%l), centered
            (%c) or right-aligned (%r).
        %i
            Inserts the mini icon.

I find the table harder to read, but t's easier to find an entry
you are looking for.  It is also very uncommon to have man pages
with ASCII tables.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --