Hello, this started on [EMAIL PROTECTED], but I am not moving it to
the workers list, since I think it's the right place to continue
the conversation (in case anyone is interested at all).

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:54:51 +0100
Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Most of the patches I know, do have an option to control their behaviour,
> and they shouldn't interfere with anything, unless you explicitly activate
> them using the config options. There are a few exceptions, so I will review
> the patches I know of, and probably, submit a list or something like that
> later.

I am testing and reviewing on a quick manner the patches from this url:

http://abdn.ac.uk/~u15dm4/fvwm/

Visit that link for descriptions on how each patch works and what do they
do. The first thing I tested is the interdependency. Most patches can apply
independently. But:

FluxboxHandles requires BorderUnderTitle, so,
they should probably be merged into a single patch.

RoundedCorners requires both of these. It also requires FlatSeparators,
though that reject can easily be fixed because there's not real thing
that ties the two patches, unlike with the two previous ones.

TopBorder requires FluxboxHandles, BorderUnderTitle and RoundedCorners
at the current state. Also FlatSeparators, though, as I say, that is
casual and easily fixable.

The MultiBorder patch doesn't apply without the FluxboxHandles one, but
it can be fixed. As far as I can see on a quick view, they both don't
interact. So, it should work independently, I think.

The TextOffSet patch gives me a 404. So, leaving this one out, we have 13
patches on that web.

My view of the thing: FluxboxHandles, BorderUnderTitle, RoundedCorners and
TopBorder requires heavy integration with each other. So, they should probably
converted into a single patch. Who can handle and clean that, or even if the
patches are really on a healthy state and clean enough, is another matter.

So far, these are independent (some of them require redoing the diff, though):

MenuTranslucency
ResizeOutlineThin
Conditionals
FlatSeparators
InactiveFont
ButtonWidth
MultiBorder
Hover
FvwmIconMan

*Most* of these are trivial enough, and wouldn't require much work to merge,
I think. Though that not up to me to judge that.

BorderUnderTitle can go on this list since it doesn't depend on any other one,
but, for the sake of consistency, I would merge it with the other three on the
paragraph above.

Thomas Adam has also some patches. He is probably the best one to tell us about
the actual state of his patches.

Regards.
--
Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>