Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Sun, 05 May 2013 01:35:32 +0200,
> Thomas Funk <t.f...@web.de> a écrit :
>
>> It does, but the string in FvwmScript have to be quoted in FvwmScript
>> quotes:
>> UseGettext
>> {$FVWM_USERDIR/locale;fvwm-crystal:$FVWM_SYSTEMDIR/locale;fvwm-crystal:+}
>
> Great, that work fine.
You're welcome ^^

> My Font statement was confusing me:
>
> Font    "xft:$[panel_font]:size=16:$[panel_font_style]"
>
> It is "" instead of {}. With that, widgets like ItemDraw or CheckBox
> are OK. With all other statements I try, they get shortened and the
> text cam get cut in those widgets.
It is interesting that this works in the header :)

> Another strange font issue is, whatever I try, only the font size is
> applied correctly with that statement, as well with the Font in the
> Init section. But Font changes are applied integrally into in further
> sections.
I accustom oneself to use a temporarily variable for each command I
assigned to GetOutup because then I can see whether the command is correct.
For checking your problem do this:
Set $Cmd = {echo \$[panel_font]}
Do {echo Cmd panel_font: }$Cmd
Set $PanelFont = (GetOutput $Cmd 1 -1)
Set $Cmd = {echo \$[panel_font_size]}
Do {echo Cmd panel_font_size: }$Cmd
Set $PanelFontSize = (GetOutput $Cmd 1 -1)
Set $Cmd = {echo \$[panel_font_style]}
Do {echo Cmd panel_font_style: }$Cmd
Set $PanelFontStyle = (GetOutput $Cmd 1 -1)
Set $SelectorFont = {xft:}$PanelFont{:pixelsize=16:}$PanelFontStyle
Do {echo SelectorFont: }$SelectorFont

So you can see in .xsession-errors if your command looks fine.

> https://sourceforge.net/p/fvwm-crystal/code/HEAD/tree/fvwm/scripts/FontSelector/FontSelector
A little remark to your script

to reduce code you can use for loops to assign your font to the widgets:
For $Widget=1 To 6 Do
    ChangeFont $Widget $SelectorFont
For $Widget=12 To 16 Do
    ChangeFont $Widget $SelectorFont