On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 11:15:44PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 11:11:56PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > >
> > > Thomas does, but just in case he doesn't find his own email...
> > >
> > > https://www.mail-archive.com/fvwm-workers@fvwm.org/msg02706.html
> > >
> > > Seems reasonable, but I suggest, from infostore.h:
> > >
> > >   MetaInfo *new_metainfo(void);
> > >   void insert_metainfo(char *, char *);
> > >   char *get_metainfo_value(const char *);
> > >   void print_infostore(void);
> > >
> > > the new, insert and get functions should all
> > > use the word "infostore", not "metainfo".
> >
> > Hm, is this in a stable release already?  I find the syntax a bit
> > clumsy (the name is not very intuitive, and $[infostore....] is so
> > much to type), and if while we're rewriting the parser we might
> > clean that up as well.
>
> I don't mind.  But I certainly _dislike_ the ridiculous tokens we have
> now in terms of w.<foo>, i.<foo>, etc., etc.

Agreed.

> I'd much rather we
> deferred that part until much later on, as I've a few notes regarding
> expansion versus information coming out of fvwm (and how that's stored
> in fvwm, etc.)

Yes, of course.  Expansion is a terrible mess right now and needs
to be cleaned up, and that will require much thought and planning.

I'd prefer to either make expansion much more similar to what
shells do (i.e. make the general syntax more shell-like) *or* to
do something completely different that does not interfere as much
with the parsing of the underlying shell (maybe easier to
understand and use).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--