On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 11:02:58AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> Just had a lyx window pop up on the wrong page with
>
>   Style LyX* StartsOnPage 1 0, SkipMapping, NoPPosition
>   Style lyx* StartsOnPage 1 0, SkipMapping, NoPPosition
>
> When started, the page diplayed was either 0 0 or 0 1.  The lyx
> main window appeared on page 1 0, opened the last open document
> and that generated a lyx warning window.  (Actually I don't know
> on thich page that appeared because I did not pay attention.)  Now
> it gets interesting.
>
>  * Switch to page 1 0
>    -> The warning window is not on page 1 0
>    -> In the Pager *is* displayed on page 1 0 at +0+0
>  * Not knowing what else to do I switched back to page 0 0
>    -> The winding window is now displayed on page 2 0 +0+0 in the
>       pager
>  * Switch to page 2 0
>    -> Window becomes visible at +0+0

I know for a fact there's oddities in using the pager to switch between
pages/desks with multiple monitors (and hence RandR), because I've yet
to fix that part as it's a pain.  Is that something you're using?

Are any of the lyx windows sticky in this context?  I did just push a
fix to master to cater for erroneously moving windows between monitors
when stick was being used.  Not sure if that's a factor here?

Otherwise, I've no idea, and would be keen to reproduce this, since I
very much doubt this is a one-off, and it sounds like there some
fundamental problem somewhere with window placement calculations, etc.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)