On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 08:56:41PM +0930, Alex Wallis wrote:
> I'm using a stock redhat7.1 system, except I've upgraded to XFree 4.1.0
> and have two monitor's with xinerama support working happily.
>
> But!... and this may actually be a fvwm-themes-devel question...
>
> With Screen1 LeftOf Screen0
> |-------------| |----------|
> |             | |          |
> |  Screen1    | | Screen0  |
> |             | |          |
> |             | |      ####|####
> |-------------| |----------|
>
> I'm finding strange quirky things like WindowList and other menus
> popping up on either screen. For instance I'm using latest fvwm cvs as
> well as fvwm-themes cvs, and choose CDE themes half of the cde button
> bar module appears halfway off the screen of Screen0 which is on the
> right like the #'s in the above diagram. And if you manually drag it
> into view say to Screen1 which I have on the left, then clicking on any
> menu on the cde button bar the menu pops up on Screen0 which is on the
> right!?
>
> So, is that my fault for trying to do things back to front?

fvwm-themes is not Xinerama compliant. This will be on the TODO
list. Adding a line of the form:

PipeRead 'echo "*FvwmButtons-Panel: Geometry 860x77+"`expr "(" $[vp.width] -
860 ")" / 2`"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"'
           ^^
to your modules-extra should fix the cde buttons geometry.
BTW, maybe it will be good to have some Xinerama support in
"COMMAND EXPANSION" (e.g., new variables) and FvwmM4.
About the menus popup by the cde button the problems come
from cfg lines of the form:

*FvwmButtons-Panel: (3x2+33+0, Frame 1, Icon module/large/panel-arrow.xpm, \
Padding 1 1, Colorset 11, \
Action 'Menu MenuFvwmSystem rectangle $widthx$height+$left+$top o+50 -100m')

*Maybe* this is a FvwmButtons/fvwm2/Xinerama bugs or miss feature.
I do not know.

Olivier