On 18 Sep 2002 23:01:29 +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 04:25:44PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> >
> > Something is wrong with Tint after this commit.
> >
> > Without any config do:
> >
> >   Colorset 5 fg white, bg average, TiledPixmap any-image
> >   MenuStyle * MenuColorset 5
> >
> > Menu looks ok. Now:
> >
> >   Colorset 5 fg white, bg average, TiledPixmap any-image, Tint yellow 30
> >
> > Menu looks flat. Execute the first line without Tint, it is flat forever.
> > This behaviour "Tint makes a colorset flat forever" is not just in menus.
> >

> So hi == sh? I cannot reproduce this (used fvwm-flying.xpm).
> Is this "average" specific?

bg, hi and sh are just fine, but the colorset is Plain after Tint.
Just did again "Restart fvwm -f no-rc" and repeated these 3 commands
with fvwm-flying.xpm. It seems the first time I open a menu after Tint
I can see the image, but it disapears immediatelly.

Maybe a backing store problem?

  % xdpyinfo | grep back

Regards,
Mikhael.