[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

--------------------- COPYING -----------------------------------
Before using this software, every user is expected to read the
statements in the file ETHICAL_LICENSE that comes with the fvwm
distribution.
I don't agree with this, I don't expect users of fvwm to even know it's GPL code. I don't expect the crazy people who compile the fvwm source to even read the COPYING file. When I'm compiling stuff from source I usually scan the first screen full of all files starting with capitial letters, I don't care if it's GPL or BSD as long as I can use it for free. I would be OK with you adding this to COPYING:

===
Before using this software, please read the ETHICAL_LICENSE file that
comes with the fvwm distribution.
===

I also think you should put a short introduction to the ETHICAL_LICENSE file that lists those who support it. Not me I'm afraid, I'm British and I agree with the war against the Iraqi dictatorship.

Cheers,
Tim.