On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:51:50PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 07:20:12PM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> > On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:44:27PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > > Should the StyleById patch be applied before 2.6?  Please cast
> > > your votes here.
> > >

> > Seems that there is no conclusion here. It seems that there is two
> > votes for it (me and Mikhael) one vote against (Dominik) and one
> > unclear vote (Dan). So I ask for more votes and clarification
> > (Dan?). For that I send an other version of the patch (attached).
> > I've followed all the advice (I can follow) that I get in this
> > thread.  In particular, I've followed all the remarks (as I can) of
> > Dominik regarding the code.
>
> > So, Dominik I even hope you revert your vote (very little hope
> > ...).
>
> I don't know about your hope, but the chance that I do is zero. It
> is not the right time.

The reason of my hope is that the new version of the patch take in
account the reasons why you reject it. You give 7 arguments.  The new
patch handle arguments 3, 4 and 6. Moreover, I've worked on argument 5
and style list simplification has been improved.  About 1 and 2 I can
just say that I do not _think_ that the patch can cause instability.
Finally, I do not understand argument 7.

But, maybe the most important is that there is 4 votes for the
patch (Dan, Mikhael, Olivier and Tim) and one vote against (Dominik).
So, I think we should apply the patch.

Regards, Olivier