Am 09/04/2011 03:48 PM, schrieb Thomas Adam:
On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 10:01:48AM +0200, Markus Hutmacher wrote:
The reason why I tried to start
it in the tray was that in KDE once akregator was in the tray it
stayed there also after KDE was restarted.
This will be how you tell stalonetray to handle itself when it loses its
parent.  For example if you had stalonetray swallowed in FvwmButtons then
you can specify:

Swallow (Respawn, UseOld) ....

To get FVWM to relaunch stalonetray should it die (Respawn), and to use the
existing application (UseOld).  In the case of restarting FVWM (which
implies FvwmButtons re-loading, since modules lose their communicating pipes
with FVWM across restarts) applications swallowed inside FvwmButtons are
reparented back to the root window so that when FvwmButtons loads up again,
it just recaptures those windows and puts them where they were before.

Unfortunately for you though, stalonetry has a few bugs in it (I've finally
gotten around to talking to the author of it and have given him some
advice), and one of them is noticing applications which had registered
themselves with stalonetray across restarts.

I suspect that's why it's not working correctly for you.

-- Thomas Adam

Well, I had difficulties to swallow stalonetray, so I don't use FvwmButtons for it but

DestroyFunc FvwmStanloneTray
AddToFunc FvwmStaloneTray
+ I Exec exec stalonetray --geometry 6x1-270-1 -t true -d none

Style "stalonetray" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, \
        CirculateSkip, BorderWidth 2, StaysOnBottom
AddtoFunc StartFunction I FvwmStaloneTray
AddtoFunc StartFunction I FvwmKteatime

This was my workaround. I'd like to have stalonetray swallowed but I've tried it to no avail. Sometimes FvwmButtons was shown without stalonetray and sometimes the sizes of both did not fit together. Otherwise I've xclock swallowed without any problems (ok, there are enough examples in the internet referring to fvwm and xclock, whereas stalonetray hasn't as much documentation).

--

Regards
Markus Hutmacher