[Ccing Stalonetray author]

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 04:19:56PM +0200, Markus Hutmacher wrote:
> Well, I had difficulties to swallow stalonetray, so I don't use
> FvwmButtons for it but
>
> DestroyFunc FvwmStanloneTray
> AddToFunc FvwmStaloneTray
> + I Exec exec stalonetray --geometry 6x1-270-1 -t true -d none
>
> Style "stalonetray" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, \
>         CirculateSkip, BorderWidth 2, StaysOnBottom
> AddtoFunc StartFunction I FvwmStaloneTray
> AddtoFunc StartFunction I FvwmKteatime
>
> This was my workaround. I'd like to have stalonetray swallowed but
> I've tried it to no avail. Sometimes FvwmButtons was shown without
> stalonetray and sometimes the sizes of both did not fit together.
> Otherwise I've xclock swallowed without any problems (ok, there are
> enough examples in the internet referring to fvwm and xclock,
> whereas stalonetray hasn't as much documentation).

It's because stalonetray's ConfigureNotify event handling is broken.  I do
have stalonetray tentatively reparented in FvwmButtons, hence:

*FB-np: (16x1, Swallow (UseOld,Close,Kill) `stalonetray` \
`Exec exec /usr/bin/stalonetray --geometry 16x1 --no-shrink \
--kludges force_icons_size -i 16`)

Note that the --no-shrink option is the most important part, and that the
geometry you specify for stalonetray should match the same as that for the
specific button stalonetray is being reparented to.

Until stalonetray is fixed, this is as good as you can do to make
FvwmButtons and stalonetray work well together.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)