On 06/26/2016 12:00 AM, Brian wrote:
Thomas, I'm sorry to say that it's been a year since I tried
Nightshade, I'm not even sure which version at the time.  I do remember
trying to build the necessary dependencies from SlackBuilds.org.  There
was a optional package which wasn't available in the SBo but I
installed without that option.  What I remember was config didn't know
how to handle my two monitors of different sizes.  I believe at the time
I thought it might be a Xinemera issue, but  crystal was perfectly
happy to handle both monitors from the default config.

The 0.6.x version hasn't multi monitor support. Also the upcoming 0.8.

I'm working on it but it isn't finished yet. Probably available in 1.0 ...

I see perl-gtk2
1.2495 in the SBo, so it shouldn't be hard to install that dep.  Good
luck with your continued development.  Is nightshade still installing
in it's own directory folders?  I know crystal is still using its own,
as the old FVWM-Themes will also.

Yes :-)

Actually I really like themes, but
trying to customize the menus with XDG integration simply failed.  The
XDG menu integration is one thing I liked about crystal.

The XDG menu integration is available in Fvwm since 2.6.6. You can use
it if you replace fvwm-menu-desktop in 2.6.5 with that one from 2.6.6.
You need also the new man page and fvwm-menu-desktop-config.fpl which
should placed in /usr/share/fvwm/. Read the new man page how to integrate
it into the root menu.

I've since
converted to WindowMaker as my preferred window manager.  It is small
on resources, fast, EWMH compliant, and handles my two monitors with
multiple desktops, with XDG menu integration through a trick I found
on the WM forum. The only thing I miss is a right-click allowing me to
move applications to other virtual desktops with a click, instead I
have to drag them to the right or left edge. I'm following the FVWM
forums because I still see awesome potential that WMaker might fail in
the future.

Yeah, Fvwm rocks! ^^

Cheers,
Thomas

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about
the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein