On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 05:23:41AM -0400, Donald R Laster Jr wrote:

> When it comes to functions the cleaner format might be to use a variant of
> the Bourne/Bash/"C" format such as  this:

I don't think so.  At best you're going to get a heredoc to slurp up multiple
lines.  The point here is that they're structured only in terms of the command
*responsible* for handling functions.

I don't want to turn the format into a scripting language; this isn't the
point---we *have* FvwmPerl and others which you can use.  I am not proposing
we augment or change the current "scripting" behaviour of FVWM either.

So no more language comparisons, please.