Dan Espen (2018-Dec-30, excerpt):
> Okay I can confirm on my system that the circle jumps away when
> I try to drag.  Removing the key binding fixes the problem.

Thank you very much Dan.  So there is someone with FVWM who can
reproduce the bug.

> I had problems with the pencil drawing tool, but they've gone away.
> I would draw an object like a square and it would show up rotated vs.
> where I drew it.  Something like darktable didn't know where the pointer
> was, similar to the jumping issue.  I wonder if some code that was
> swapping x and y coordinates would cause objects to rotate (about 45
> degrees).

Interesting.  I've not seen this yet, but a similar report showed up
here [1], note 20.  That reporter is using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

> I recently installed a new monitor and video card.
> Now using Nvidia 390xx instead of Nvidia 304xx.

I'm using a GeForce GTX 1060.

> Not sure what is going on or where to even look.

No worries, nobody seems to know.  I'm trying to talk darktable devs
into looking at this.

> You previously reported that you found the darktable commit that
> caused the problem to start.  Anything interesting in that commit?

Not really.  A discussion with one of the devs is here [2], he ran a
couple of tests, but did not find anything.  Said that GTK was not his
field.

> You also reported that other WMs had this problem.

There are reports about KDE Plasma [3], Elementary OS Juno [4], fluxbox
[5], Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS [1].  Unfortunately these guys were not more
specific about key bindings.

Thanks you very much for clearly verifying this bug, I was starting to
doubt myself.  If you have no Idea where to look, no worries, I'm sure
it's a draktable thing, but I haveno knowledge about the intricacies
of GUI developement.

Cheers
Stefan

[1] https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12387#note-20
[2] https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/1824
[3] https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12387#note-5
[4] https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12387#note-16
[5] https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12387#note-18

--
http://stefan-klinger.de                                        o/X
I prefer receiving plain text messages, not exceeding 32kB.     /\/