- Are people using FVWM for its looks?  (Themability)

Looks/functionallity: I want the MWM look/functionallity.

Yes, I too like a simple mwm-like look, but even more I like the complete and easy customizability. I think there are proofs on the net of completely different looks. AND functionality ! It's not just a matter of changing a wallpaper.

- Are people using FVWM for just being light-weight?

YES! I want as lightweight a window manager as posible.

I also do appreciate a lightweight wm (it usually runs at 1% CPU), or better I deprecate how heavy are some DE like KDE.

- Are people using FVWM for its binding/scripting support?

Yes, I added some of my own widgets, see reference below.

And I would add a fourth reason

]] - I use FVWM because its customization (even if it has a steep
     learning curve) is all concentrated in a single text file, so
     with a minimum of self-documentation one will always know where
     to go (unless those DE with infinite branches of GUIs)

These discussion instigated me to do sometyhing I lept pending for a couple of years, i.e. add some new screenshots to my FVWM doc page referring to my current fvwrc on Ubuntu, which adds to a pluridecennial experience

http://sax.iasf-milano.inaf.it/~lucio/WWW/Opinions/window.html

--
Cosi' per li gran savi si confessa / Che la Fenice muore e poi rinasce, / Quando al cinquecentesimo anno appressa. (Dante, Inferno, XXIV, 106-108) Thus the great wise testify / That the Phoenix dies and is born again, / When the five-hundredth year gets close.