--- Sylvain Bougerel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - Abandon of the old mwm-like decoration architecture, that is
> <design-wise> obsolete.

It's not obsolete by _any_ stretch of the imagination.  And it doesn't
take up much code in FVWM.  Although I have to ask what you  mean by
"mwm-decoration".  Remember that Motif applications set windowing hints
that FVWM honours (and can be told not to).  If you mean the default
configuration file is too old, then see here:

http://fvwm.lair.be/viewtopic.php?t=205

... it's a work in progress Nick and I are sorting out -- so sit tight,
as it will (at some point) need a formal discussion on the fvwm-workers
mailing list, and now is certainly not the time.

> Replacement by a user-defined set of rectangulars area forming the
> decorations, and that
> allow the use of shaped windows. It would be so nice to have
> round-edged
> windows
> without having to fake shaped windows with transparency ....

If there is one thing that people want, it's this.  Truth is, the
entire decor code (around which window decorations within FVWM are
based) has been deprecated and due for a re-write (I am assuming) once
FVWM 2.6 hits stable -- at least enough time for its inclusion in FVWM
3.  That has been the plan for _a long_ time now, but it's like
everything else:  time.

I have recently written a patch for FVWM (I am not releasing it yet to
fvwm-workers) that allows one to apply a different colorset to each of
the four borders of the window (and where applicable, a different
colour for the handles of a window) -- it's things like this, that'll
hopefully get completed and included with FVWM3.

> - A "normal" alt-tab behavior. May be the only Fvwm functionality
> that
> cannot be too tunable,
> but it would be good in one alt-tab pressure to switch to the last
> window while holding on
> the key display the window list. (Or may be there is a way to do it,
> but
> I never found
> something like that in fvwm)

Then you're not reading the main FVWM FAQ close enough.

> - Possibility to set multicolored mouse cursors in fvwm.

That's nothing to do with FVWM -- indeed, things like that are
controlled by the XServer.

> - Optionaly, an integration of xcomponant in fvwm (by module or
> else...). I would like to see
> fading windows when I iconify or desiconify, for exemple.

Look at Metisse, as that might provide you with something similar.

-- Thomas Adam