Many apologies,

I sent my previous mail to the wrong mailing-list. Sorry.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Improvments to fvwm
Date:   Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:47:32 +0800
From:   Sylvain Bougerel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     fvwm-workers@fvwm.org

Hi,

I have been using many desktops like many users, and like most of us finally sticked to Fvwm.

I am still sticking to it because, when I evaluate pro & cons, this is the best ratio between lightness
(I am not a desktop guy) / configurability / eye-candyness.
However there is some odd setttings in Fvwm that many advanced concurrent WM do not have, and that obliged us to use tricks to fake other WM behaviors, which is somehow annoying.
Here is what I would like to see in the comming release of Fvwm:

- Abandon of the old mwm-like decoration architecture, that is <design-wise> obsolete. Replacement by a user-defined set of rectangulars area forming the decorations, and that allow the use of shaped windows. It would be so nice to have round-edged windows
without having to fake shaped windows with transparency ....

- A "normal" alt-tab behavior. May be the only Fvwm functionality that cannot be too tunable, but it would be good in one alt-tab pressure to switch to the last window while holding on the key display the window list. (Or may be there is a way to do it, but I never found
something like that in fvwm)

- Possibility to set multicolored mouse cursors in fvwm.

- Optionaly, an integration of xcomponant in fvwm (by module or else...). I would like to see
fading windows when I iconify or desiconify, for exemple.

Well, that's a lot, but if you take the current 2.5.14, you add thoses functionalities, fvwm will definetly become a weapon of choice for many more linux desktop end-user. I think this list of requirement functionalities can be easily extended, but among many others, those listed
above are the ones I really like to see in fvwm.
As the current trend, they are more about eye-candyness than functionalities, but I think a respectable window manager like fvwm is a good alternative to the supposably too-full featured E17 and the heavyness of other desktops like gnome and kde. It only
lacks some more eye-candy tweaking possibilities to me.

Regards,

Sylvain Bougerel.

--
This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If
you are not the intended addressee(s) of this message, please destroy it

--
This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If
you are not the intended addressee(s) of this message, please destroy it
without copying or disclosing its contents to any other person and notify the
sender immediately.
THALES Information Systems Pte. Ltd.

begin:vcard
fn:Sylvain Bougerel
n:Bougerel;Sylvain
adr;dom:#04-04 Acer Building Tower B;;29 International Business Park;;;609923
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:THALES Information Systems Pte. Ltd.
tel;work:63491721
tel;cell:91426737
note;quoted-printable:Disclaimer:=0D=0A=
	This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential.=
	If you are not the intended addressee(s) of this message, please destroyi=
	t without copying or disclosing its contents to any other person andnotif=
	y the sender immediately.
version:2.1
end:vcard