Thomas Adam said:
> 2008/8/6 Robert Heller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> I use the FvwmIconBox, so I have these lines in my .fvwmrc file:
>
> That's a pity.

Why the sarcasm?

Making that sort of judgmental statement without justification doesn't
do anything to facilitate understanding.

I've been following the list for a while now because I'm in a similar
situation. I used FVWM for years, and had to abandon it because when
I updated my system the configuration had changed enough that I couldn't
reconstruct what I had before. I've been limping with Enlightenment while
I try to understand how to get back. Your comment doesn't help at all.

It's a pity, why? Because FvwmIconBox doesn't work well? Because it's
been deprecated in favor of something better? Because you think it's
stupid?

>> as well as:
>>
>> PixmapPath           /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/
>> IconPath             /usr/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps
>
> Both of which are wrong - you should be using ImagePath here, and even
> then those two locations are part of the default ImagePath anyway
> (c.f.:  fvwm-config -I).

If I recall, one or both of which used to be right. So are they wrong
because they're not used anymore, or because they're used for something
else and aren't appropriate?

The FVWM config used to be clean and simple. It's now very different, and
much more procedural. What little docs there are don't help much, so
this list is the primary source for understanding. I would like to
understand, as I'm sure the OP would. More explanation and less short,
snappy answers would help.

john-