At Wed, 6 Aug 2008 19:13:48 +0200 [** ISO-8859-1 charset **] JesúsGuerrero
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:53:29 -0700 (PDT)
> "John Meissen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thomas Adam said:
> > >
> > > That's a pity.
> >
> [...]
> > It's a pity, why? Because FvwmIconBox doesn't work well? Because it's
> > been deprecated in favor of something better? Because you think it's
> > stupid?
>
> Nowadays using FvwmIconBox is considered painful, just because FvwmIconMan
> is way more powerful and it's also better maintained, I guess. I don't know
> if there's any other real downside.

I just want something like the MWM flavor of an enclosed Icon box. I
find that icons on the root window are anoying and hard to deal with
(windows end up on top of important icons and so on).  If the icons are
in a scrolled window of their own, they are nicely collected someplace
I can always get to, no matter what else is going on. FvwmIconBox
filled that partitular nitch back when I migrated from DECWindows
(DEC's branded X11/Motif under VAX/VMS on VAXStations & Ultrix on
DECStations) to FVWM (Linux).  Does FvwmIconMan provide an enclosed
Icon box much like MWM's Icon box?

> > > Both of which are wrong - you should be using ImagePath here, and even
> > > then those two locations are part of the default ImagePath anyway
> > > (c.f.:  fvwm-config -I).
> >
> > If I recall, one or both of which used to be right. So are they wrong
> > because they're not used anymore, or because they're used for something
> > else and aren't appropriate?

I have an *old* .fvwmrc file, much hacked over, going back to FVWM
1.<mumble>.  It is probably full of old and out-of-date cruft that I
haven't bothered to clean up ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it" --
unless something fails to work or FVWM fails to start, I'll probably
leave it alone).

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration