I prefer IRC, but the searchable logs are a plus, so +1

- Davey

On Sep 26, 2006, at 9:53 AM, Richard Thomas wrote:

Multiple people have voiced various needs for this on a few levels, We are currently testing a solution and would just like to get some feedback on a proposed solution.

http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/

1. Jabber based so any client that can do jabber can connect, it also has its own client as well.

2. Free ;)

3. Supports persistent chat rooms and logging, All logs are stored to mysql so we can publish a search able database on line. Can show X number of lines from the log to people who just logged into a room

4. Supports private rooms for internal groups like the Sandbox Sys Admins

5. We can restrict registration, maybe tie it into the mailing list or the wiki login system?

--
Richard Thomas - CEO
Cyberlot Technologies Group Inc.