This is recognized as an issue:
http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-50

We are going to propose introducing a name filter for database names, table names, and column names, with a default behavior. The default behavior will be "no filtering" or modification of these names (i.e. no more camelCase). Users will then be able to select whatever "name" filter they need for their particular circumstances, if the default doesn't work.

Cheers,
Gavin

Which ZF List?
=================
Everything, except the topics below: fw-general@lists.zend.com

Authorization, Authentication, ACL, Access Control, Session Management
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tests, Caching, Configuration, Environment, Logging
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

All things related to databases
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Documentation, Translations, Wiki Manual / Tutorials
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Internationalization & Localization, Dates, Calendar, Currency, Measure
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mail, MIME, PDF, Search, data formats (JSON, ...)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MVC, Controller, Router, Views, Zend_Request*
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Community Servers/Services (shell account, PEAR channel, Jabber)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web Services & Servers (HTTP, SOAP, Feeds, XMLRPC, REST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Abu Hurayrah wrote:
Since you've brought it up, is there anywhere where I can see the explanation/justification given for this automatic routine? I think it makes ZF a lot harder to work with when you use it with older systems where the schema name system may be a mix of different styles...StudlyCaps, camelCase, underscore_separated, or allinone. Short of rewriting the __get() & __set() methods for each class/object you want to use, is there any other easy way to handle this?

Abu Hurayrah
Hidayah Online - Guidance According to the Qur'an and Sunnah <http://hidayahonline.org/> `A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: /Kindness is not to be found in anything but that it adds to its beauty and it is not withdrawn from anything but it makes it defective./
narrated in Sahih Muslim, Book 3, Number 6274

gonyuu wrote:
I think what Bruno is referring to is the camel-case renaming of the fields in Zend_Db_Row; i.e. "zend_field" gets mapped as zendField. I ran into the
same problems when I had fields named "ZendField". I basically couldn't
access these fields because of the case sensitivity in MySQL ("zendfield" would not work). My solution thus far has been to bear with lower-case field
names :(

gonyuu

Terry Cullen wrote:
The manual:

<?php
class ClassName extends Zend_Db_Table
{
    // default table name is 'class_name'
    // but we want to map to something else
    protected $_name = 'another_table_name';
}
?>