There are several PHP hosting companies that offer free PHP 5.2 engine
already. However,  it comes as a surprise to me that all of them
refuse to offer PDO for MySQL or PosgreSQL. Instead, they offer PDO
for Sqlite which can not be a serious option. I have tried 5 companies
that offer free PHP 5.1+ hosting and see no difference.

For instance, you can have a look here: http://pcdinh.phpnet.us/info.php

What happens to PDO? Have it been considered a dangerous extension or
PHP 5.1+ new features are simply mysteries to hosting company's
owners? Time of PHP 5.1+ seems to be a long way.

Dinh