-1 on all accounts, leave it where it is.

Is it really that difficult to have your 'libs' folder seperated out by what it is? Mine looks as follows:

libs/lib-pear
libs/lib-zend
libs/lib-vlx
libs/lib-am

with lib-zend being svn:externals to a specific revision, and lib- vlx, and lib-am being pear/zf code standard framework style components of my own. It works fine, and honestly it's not really that difficult to deal with.