Awesome. I have a current application that's been expanded over and over. We're hoping to start rewriting it in a couple months, and are trying to plan everything out. Hopefully we'll see a good release of Layout before then (or at least see it completed enough to use).

Andi Gutmans wrote:
Hi Aaron,

We are spending this week on planning. This includes both defining the
product lifecycle (major/minor/mini releases, how we branch, what goes
into mini vs. minor, etc...) and also try and pin down owners +
priorities for the various features. It will probably not be 100% final by the end of this week but it'll
give everyone a clearer idea of how we think we should manage the
various version releases, what the rought schedules should look like,
etc.. In any case, Zend_View_Layout is high on our priority list and not
a very big piece of work (a lot of headway has already been made by the
various community members). So I believe this should move forward
quickly soon and even if it's not in an official release you'll be able
to pull it out of the incubator.

Andi