Hy Alex,

Alex Netkachov wrote:
Following on from that, why do you think that PHP isn't suitable for
such "complex long-term projects"?
1. I consider compilation and strong typization are very important in
development because they help to avoid some basic typo-mistakes.

Having typo mistakes is no point of strong typization. It gives just a feeling of security where it's not secure.

2. .NET provides a lot of functionality still not implemented in PHP.
I especially interested in i18n and l10n of the applications.
Formatting, encodings, locales, etc. ZF has all these now, but not in
.NET contains such functionality just from the beginning.

Definetly NO.
ZF has this things.

What does the NET Framework additionaly have in I18N what you need and is not implemented in ZF... I dont know any "no-go" and I am also developing a "long-term" project with ZF. And sorry, but the ZF had I18N from the beginning on.

And why do you compare the NET Framework with PHP ??? The question was NET Framework or Zend Framework... and not NET or PHP.

3. One standard IDE for all developers.

Poor developers... all has to use the same problematic tool.
But this is not right... even for NET there are other IDEs which can be used.

4. More tools for code analyzing because of strong typization.

Also for PHP / ZF there are analysing and other tools.
But tools do not exist because a language has strong typisation. This is absolutely wrong.

Greetings
Thomas
I18N Team Leader