On 10 Jan 2008, at 21:22, Wil Sinclair wrote:

3) The value of the preview release is ultimately up to the community.
We'd like to see as much feedback and bug reports as possible. The more
bugs filed against the preview release, the fewer RC's we'll need and
likely the quicker we'll get to the GA release. :)

The key for me is to ensure that the new components are available as downloadable releases for long enough that they get tested by lots of people. SVN access / nightly downloads is too limiting a set of people to really test the components and we have to live with the API for a while once 1.5 is released.

Regards,

Rob...