I seem to be having a problem rendering a select box. I have this:

        $form->addElement( 'select', 'select', array(
            'label' => 'select',
            'value' => 'value',
            'multiOptions' => array(
                'First', 'Second', 'third'
            )
        ) );

The problem however is that for some reason it renders as a multi select (with multiple="multiple"):

<dt>
        <label for="select" class="optional">select</label>
</dt>
<dd>
<select name="select[]" id="select" multiple="multiple" class="formSelect">
                <option value="0" label="First">First</option>
                <option value="1" label="Second">Second</option>
                <option value="2" label="third">third</option>
        </select>
</dd>

Tracing through the code somewhere the name becomes select[] wiht a bracket [] when it shouldn't since it's a dropdown. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to to render as a dropdown list, not a multi select box.

- Jeffrey