Hi,

> a) Put the files in /dev/shm (assuming you have enough memory).  Since it's
> located in memory which is a lot faster than disk this will reduce your
> delete time

Ok, this could be an alternative. I do have 4 GB memory but I am not
quite sure how much space all the cache files will need.

Right now I am trying to reduce the amount of data that is cached, so
this step might be worth a try later on.

> b) When you need to delete all cache simply rename the old directory and
> re-create the original one and then delete the new-renamed direcotory.  This
> isa hack but if everything else fails this will solve....

Well, I almost never need to delete all cache files in one step, but I
will keep this in mind.

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf