I'm glad to hear things have improved. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't say
I was sold on the subject, but I did show some evidence showing the opposite
being true. I would love to see an official Zend paper on this.

Autoloading vs direct includes is a large debate, even at work, which I
would love to see some hard supporting facts on the subject. As for creating
my own test suites? I'm just too busy to be able to give it the proper
attention that is required. So, I rely on the breakdown from others. Mike's
blog was the last thing I herd on the subject (and was backed up by other
testimonials I've read), so I tended to gravitate towards his findings. In a
way, Matthew even validated what Mike had discovered.

However, Matthew did said things have improved since then -- great! I'd love
to see some evidence.
(Logically, I can completely understand, but logic is just that: logic not
fact)

Until the Zend paper is released, all we have to fall back on is Mike's
findings, which show the opposite.

Cheers!

Philip

--