Part of the problem may be lack of publicity - I haven't seen anything
advocating or demonstrating the proposals outside of infrequent mentions on the
mailing list. While the mailing lists are great they aren't the best forum to
grab the attention of everyone who's not a mail machine. I will play around
with the stuff already committed over the weekend. Publicity aside, folk can
only blame themselves when it reaches Core without comments ;). It really is
one of those features that bind up, package and present the concept of "build
an application" allowing developer's skip at least some of the head wrecking
repetition and uncertainty you have when your first and only applicaton file is
a lonely "<?php".

I was wondering - where is Ralph's blog? Usually I'd expect to see a few posts
somewhere introducing and throwing out updates on this sort of thing. With the
little information publicly available, being unaware there even is a Zend_Tool
project isn't surprising.

Best regards,
Paddy

 Pádraic Brady