On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Christoph Dorn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am all for an IRC channel although I am not always online which may
> make it less beneficial than a "dev" mailing list for me.

There are a couple services that log irc channels and provide a
searchable frontend. I don't remember the names as of now, but there
are some. IMHO, that would provide extra value.

I don't really care IRC vs. mailinglist. Email is just easier since I
use it anyway on a day to day basis, IRC is more a thing, I have to
log myself in and read backlog/current discussions to follow.

Till