Hi,

We have been using the ZF XmlRpc classes to communicate with our payment
gateway for a while now, and this has worked fine for us in the past (using
1.0.x). However, in testing a newer version of the ZF libraries (1.5.x), our
XML RPC calls stopped working, giving out the error:

java.lang.Exception: RPC handler object "system" not found and no default
handler registered

Having dug around a bit, it appears that Zend_XmlRpc_Client now includes
some code to handle empty array parameters in the call() method (according
to the comments in the code), and it's in this block that the client makes
an additional method call (system.methodSignature), to which the gateway
server replies with the above error.

I'm a bit stuck as to what's happening here. Is it the case that the payment
gateway is breaking the XMLRPC spec (i.e. there should be a system object on
the other end)? Is there a way to get Zend_XmlRpc_Client not to perform
these calls? Any advice on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

David Edwards