I'm on zftalk.dev at least a few evenings a week (my time - GMT).

It would be great to see an overview which to an extent reads almost like a
manual. From my perspective the main thing people would want to discuss:

- How the tools are presented to an end user
- What they are capable of accomplishing, i.e. what tools/tasks will be
available or planned
- How various tools behave and interact with new and existing projects
- How that behaviour can be manipulated via configuration files or command line
options
- How behaviour can be extended - i.e. new tools, tasks and even filters
- How it all contrasts to Phing, PHP's ant clone

I mention Phing because some people seem to view Zend_Tool as a part
replacement - no idea if that holds any water.

The implementation itself is less of a concern - I'm pretty sure you can string
together a class in PHP and apply unit tests ;). It's what's being implemented
that holds the most interest rather than the implementation details themselves
(at least for now). I think if the above leading points were addressed it would
open the floodgates for comments from a lot more people keen to jump in.

 Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.patternsforphp.com
OpenID Europe Foundation