BTW, I reproduced this problem with a test user. The issue seems to be
that your membership in the jira-users group isn't propagating to JIRA.
I have verified that you are in this group, however. I looked at it
briefly yesterday; right now I haven't honed in on the root cause, so I
don't have an ETA for a fix yet. I'll take a look at it as time permits
today.

,Wil