-- Jason Qi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Thursday, 28 August 2008, 01:21 PM -0700):
> Recently, we are experiencing a huge modification on the document formatting.
>
> Can we separate the formatting stuff from the documents(like what CSS
> does)? Thus, formatting stuffs are kept in one place and can apply to
> all languages, let our translators only focus on the translating job.

Just to clarify for everyone: if you are making changes in existing
manual pages, make only the changes you need, and no more. If this means
leaving the line shorter or longer, then leave it that way. If you
reformat the XML to make it "pretty" or flow better (or, worse, allow
your editor to do this), it makes it harder for the translators to
identify what has *changed* in the text, which means it takes more time
to update the translation.

Additionally, when making changes to documentation, make sure you give a
good commit message -- identify the issue number, and include a short
description of the type of change made. This helps the translators
better understand the context of the change, which can affect
translation.

Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/